Last modified: 4/7/2015
Lacuna Loft (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
On this Website www.lacunaloft.org (our “Website”);
In e-mail text and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and
Other user content you may provide through this website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features on the Website, make purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
1. By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
2. That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
3. About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information
1. Directly from you when you provide it to us;
2. Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other trafficking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering in the future to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Website;
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website;
• Your search queries on the Website; and
• Service provider’s information they provide on their respective webpages.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively “User Generated Content”). Your User Generated Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Generated Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Generated Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through the Website, we may use the automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize your Website according to your individual interests;
• Speed up your searches;
• Recognize when you return to our Website
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically but we may tie this information to your previously submitted personal identifiable information.
We do not have control over third-party advertisers’ cookies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
• To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To notify you about changes to our service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
We may also use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes, please check the relevant box located on the registration form or adjust your user preferences accordingly in your account profile.
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users. We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated personal information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them and to support our business.
• To a buyer in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or any other form of sale of some or all of Lacuna Loft’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lacuna Loft about its customers is among the assets transferred.
• To the fulfil the purpose for which you provide it
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
• With your consent
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
• To comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lacuna Loft, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from Third Parties. If you do not wish us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the registration form or by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by the Company, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on registration form. You can also always opt-out of receiving e-mail information from us other than the e-mail informing you of the completion of user registration, correction of user data, or change of password, by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, there will be a link included in the email that allows you to opt out of future e-mail distributions.
• Personalized Advertising. If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, you adjust your user advertising preferences accordingly in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
For accounts now existing or existing in the future, you can or will be able to review and update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page and making changes. If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the “Forgot your password?” link to reach a page on which you can submit your e-mail address. Your user name and password then will be e-mailed to you.
You can also review and update your personal information by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using industry-standard security measures.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
User Generated Content Agreement