One of the first things you learn as a young adult cancer fighter is that an upset stomach can often be helped with some good, old fashioned ginger. Ginger ale, ginger candies, ginger ice cream…the ginger possibilities are endless! While it is not well known why ginger helps ease nausea caused by chemotherapy, we’re here to lend you some fun recipes we found to add ginger to your every meal 🙂 Here at Lacuna Loft, we’ve talked about ginger jam and ginger strawberry ice cream but here are even more fun ginger recipes!
Psst! Know a chemo patient? Think about making one (or another!) of these great ginger recipes and dropping the yummies on their doorstep!
- stir fried noodles with garlic ginger sauce – Pinch of Yum
- ginger peach serbet – I Sugar Coat It
- peach ginger crumble – gather & dine
- carrot ginger soup – Simply Recipes
- candied ginger – Food Network (specifically, Alton Brown…love him!)
- ginger tea – vegetarian times
- ginger hot chocolate – Minimalist Baker
- ginger, citrus and black sesame carrots with edamame salad – The First Mess
- chewy ginger cookies – bon appetit
- baked gingerbread mini donuts – Pinch of Yum
Have you tried any of these ginger recipes before? Do you have any others that have been helpful for you? We’d love to hear about it!